The Robert Carr Fund for civil society networks (RCF) is pleased to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) for its new Strategic Opportunity Funding. The Fund will award grants in 2020 to be implemented during the 18-month period between the middle of 2020 and the end of 2021.
Please find attached to this email:
· Communiqué from the RCF International Steering Committee meeting in June 2019
· RCF 2019 Strategic Opportunity Funding RFP
· RCF 2019 Strategic Opportunity Funding RFP Application – for reference only
· RCF 2019 Strategic Opportunity Funding RFP Budget Form
The Robert Carr Fund is issuing this Strategic Opportunity RFP to give networks and consortia a chance to:
● try new approaches that could maximize their work to improve the health, wellbeing and social inclusion of inadequately served populations (ISPs);
● exercise creativity and novel thinking to overcome strategic challenges arising from the increasingly difficult environments for civil society, ISPs and the HIV response.
Only regional and global networks and their consortia that have been or are being funded by RCF and who meet the RCF eligibility criteria are invited to apply. Organizations and networks that have never received RCF funding are welcome to be part of a collaborative application but are not eligible to be lead applicants.
Applications should focus on creative and cutting-edge approaches to:
● movement leadership, to ensure a stronger, continuous community-led and rights-based response to HIV;
● financial health and resilience of ISP programs, to ensure that ISPs are not overlooked or left behind in the funding landscape;
● innovation, learning and partnerships, to ensure that the lessons networks learn can inform more effective approaches that are better adapted to the current environment.
Applicants are encouraged to devote careful consideration to the formation of partnerships that will drive new and more powerful results from this investment.
This is a competitive funding round. The RCF anticipates awarding a maximum of 7 grants of US$500,000 each.
Applications must be sent through the official online form only. The online application portal will go live the week of 19 August and will be accessible here – Aidsfonds Grant Platform. You can register with the portal in advance of the launch of the online application. You can only fill in and submit an online application after the week of 19 August 2019.
The deadline for submission of an application is September 30, 2019 at 06:00 AM CEST. Applications received after this deadline will not be taken into consideration. For any questions about this RFP or the application form, please contact the RCF Secretariat at email@example.com
On behalf of RCF Secretariat