APCOM is proud to release our 2017 Annual Update, detailing the contribution our activities throughout the year made towards improving the health and rights of the communities we serve across Asia and the Pacific.
2017 was a special year for APCOM as we marked 10 years of working with our communities throughout the region. Our report highlights some of the special events we undertook to commemorate this milestone as well as the broad range of activities we undertook to accelerate the impact of our mission.
- We produced the 5-day Rights, Resources and Resilience Asia Pacific Conference in Bangkok which was attended by 300 HIV, health and rights advocates from across the region.
- We produced the 3-day Connecting Asia ICT consultation in Bangkok which was attended by 170 HIV, health and rights advocates from across the region.
- We produced the first ever HERO Awards recognizing outstanding service from HIV and LGBT advocates from across Asia and the Pacific.
- We launched our testXXX campaign in five new cities across Asia.
- We produced season 2 of Gay OK Bangkok, an online drama series which cleverly engages viewers with the benefits of HIV prevention, testing and treatment as well as other health issues relevant to MSM.
- We began work on our Sustainable HIV Financing In Transition (SHIFT) project which aims to help HIV advocates in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand secure ongoing funding for HIV programs targeting key populations.
- We began our PULSE initiative on research, capacity strengthening and advocacy aimed at young MSM in the Greater Mekong region.
- We continued building the capacity of community organisations across the region through our Multi-Country South Asia Global Fund HIV programme.
- We generated a range of publications aimed at helping our community partners bridge key gaps in their knowledge and skills.
- We continued developing a new generation of community leaders through our IGNITE mentorship programme.
- We advocated for the needs of our communities at a range of important international events including the International IAS Conference in Paris and the ILGA Asia Conference in Phnom Penh.