Parwaz Male Health Society (PMHS) is a community based organization (CBO) with the mission to improve the sexual health, welfare and human rights for men who have sex with men (MSM) and their partners in Karachi, Pakistan. Founded in 2012, PMHS provides psychosocial counseling, clinical STI screening and treatment, voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) and Mobile VCT for HIV, referral/registration for HIV management, as well as provision of condoms/lubricant to MSMs through its Service Delivery Center and outreach field workers. PMHS also aims to strengthen community action by providing a safe community space for MSM and an organizational platform for MSM to advocate for sexual, welfare and human rights at the grassroots level and beyond.
PMHS is the sub-recipient of the Multi-country South Asia Global Fund HIV Programme (MSA), in which APCOM acts as the programme’s regional sub-recipient. Their most recent MSA activities include the following:
- Capacity building of the outreach team and developing new outreach and behavior change communication strategies to reduce the rate of new HIV infections and STIs among MSM;
- Designing online outreach to engage MSM by making supportive information on men’s health, HIV and other STIs available and accessible;
- Forging alliances with SHRH stakeholders for the betterment of female partners of MSM and people living with HIV;
- Conducting young MSM oriented communication and outreach strategies to reduce their vulnerability to HIV and other STIs;
- Enhancing the social inclusion of MSM and male sex workers (MSW) by developing partnerships/alliances with vocational institutes for personal improvement and professional development;
- Expanding partnership with stakeholders and government organizations to improve the psycho-social and personal conditions of people living with HIV; and
- Coordinating regional and institutional studies on health services to address HIV and other STIs among MSM and their partners.
To contact Parwaz Male Health Society, kindly reach out to Programme Director Ali Asghar at email@example.com or Madina Appartments, C12/1 Mezzanine Floor New Preedy Street, Saddar Karachi, Pakistan Cell: +92 333 209 0645