Organized by APCOM with the support from UNAIDS and WHO, the dialogue brought in representatives of gay identified men, other men who have sex with men (MSM), sexual health policy makers, program planners and service providers and explore the potential of scaling up PrEP. Conducted in Amari Watergate, Bangkok, from 23 to 25 September 2015, the Dialogue was part of the regional rolling out of the new WHO Guidelines, which recommend PrEP as an important additional component of comprehensive HIV prevention for high risk MSM. The purpose of the Dialogue was to:
- assess awareness about PrEP among MSM and health providers
- assess perceptions about PrEP acceptability among MSM
- assess perceptions about PrEP feasibility among health planners and providers
- articulate and document issues for the consultation on rolling out PrEP in Asia
- Download the high-res of the full meeting report here.
- Download the low-res of the full meeting report here.
- Download the “Executive Summary” here.
- Download the “Country-specific Action Plans for PrEP Roll-out” here.
We’ve interviewed global PrEP Experts, advocates and users to give you a better understanding about the exciting developments of the breakthrough pill.
PrEParing Asia’s presentations from the world’s leading researchers and experts on PrEP are available here.
Watch the montage below or see the collection of images that convey #PrEParingAsia experience on our photo gallery here.
Read our press release here.